spoon

Baked Turnip Fries

Category: , ,

Yes, you read that correctly. As a part of our farmers co-op, I got some turnips and hadn't ever eaten turnips, much less cooked them, but as a part of my commitment to a healthier lifestyle, I decided to try them. And, much to my surprise, they were really good! S and I pretty much devoured them. They were a little softer than I had wanted, but I read that if I parboil them for a little while, then they will turn out crispier.


We had them as aside with grilled chicken sandwiches and corn on the cob. So good!

I'm estimated servings as 2 since they cooked down quite a bit and WW points as 1.5 per serving.

4 turnip medium to large bulbs (?)
1 -2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of salt

Preheat oven to 450. Peel the outside of of the turnip and then slice into matchstick pieces (like your basic french fries). Once sliced, place in a ziploc bag and add olive oil. Seal bag and toss to coat. Open bag up and add salt and chili powder. I also added a little garlic powder in as well. Place onto cooking sheet with rim and arrange in a single layer. Cook for 15 minutes and then flip. Cook for an additional 15 minutes. Watch for burning.


Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails