spoon

Lentil Taco "Meat"

Category: , ,

I have not tried this recipe yet, but I'm posting it because it sounds super yummy and I have several friends who swear by it. They use this in burritos and tacos, on nachos.... basically anywhere you'd use taco meat!

Ingredients:
1c chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp canola oil
1c dry lentils, rinsed
1 T chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 1/2 c veggie broth (might need slightly more)
1c salsa

In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add lentils, chili powder, cumin, and oregano; cook and stir for about a minute. Add broth bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Uncover; cook for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Mash lentils slightly. Stir in salsa. Serve as taco "meat."

Comments (4)

Paige, I cannot wait to try this. We love lentils and I am not a huge ground meat fan. It looks great. Thanks for posting. :)

Kristy

I commented on this, but not sure if it showed up. I cannot wait to try this!! It looks great. :)

Kristy

Let me know how it turns out! I've heard great things about it and keep meaning to try it. :D

Super yummy!! Kiddos loved it. We are trying so hard to do more "whole foods" and this will be a keeper for us.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails